+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Media PA Improvements Near Granite Run Mall

Media PA Improvements Near Granite Run Mall

I've recently heard that the area around the Granite Run Mall in Media PA (around the intersection of Routes 1 and 452) will see major improvements. Does anyone have any type of confirmation on this?

Administrator PennJersey has disabled reputation PennJersey's Avatar

Re: Media PA Improvements Near Granite Run Mall

Dewey, Wolfson and Verchercchi? (The people who built Main street at Exton) and the McKee Group have big plans for the Franklin Mint site and adjoining properties.

I belive it was a hotel, lots of active adult homes and conference center? It is meeting a lot of opposition from the residents so I dunno what is going to happen. It has been quiet for the past 9 months or so.

Hope this helps!

Henry

Senior Member sistersledge is on a distinguished road

hmm any updates on this?

Also what is going to happen to the Franklin Mint?

Super Moderator njriverman is on a distinguished road njriverman's Avatar

From an article in the Delaware County Daily Times dated 02/10/2005

MIDDLETOWN -- The expanded former Franklin Mint property on West Baltimore Pike is slated to be developed as a town center with a number of different uses, including residential, retail and office. The Mint property now encompasses well over 100 acres. In addition to the land occupied by the Mint until it ceased operations in spring 2004, the property includes the adjacent Pennsylvania State Police barracks. The Mint has purchased Brodeur’s County House Inn to the east of the barracks, as well as the Fink property, the Lobster Pot property and the Paramount property to the west. The restaurant, which sits close to West Baltimore Pike, was demolished to make room for the proposed development project, which is believed to call for widening the pike. Project attorney James Byrne said no formal land-use application has been filed with the township by the property owners. However, he noted that in addition to a mix of residential, retail and office use, the development project also could include a hotel and/or restaurant. There also might be some sort of arts or cultural center. He called the overall plan a "town center concept." "I think the concept is exciting," said Councilman Scott Galloway, who chairs the land planning committee that heard the proposal from Byrne.
    Businesses and politicians, check out Penn Jersey Directional and Text Signs.

Need customers?
    Try weekend directional signs. / Bandit Signs

Apartment Signs / Furniture Store Sale Signs / New Home Builder Signs / Ron Paul Signs

Forum visitors may login as "guest" with password "2011" until deciding to post more regularly.

I guess since they haven't moved on that in the last 2 years we shouldn't expect anything at the Mint anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sistersledge View Post
    I guess since they haven't moved on that in the last 2 years we shouldn't expect anything at the Mint anytime soon.
    Or should you expect something soon?

Anything else about the improvements by Granite Run? I also heard a rumor that Granite Run Mall itself was going to be redone completely. Anyone have any confirmation of this? Or at least talks of this?

Quote Originally Posted by sistersledge View Post
    Anything else about the improvements by Granite Run? I also heard a rumor that Granite Run Mall itself was going to be redone completely. Anyone have any confirmation of this? Or at least talks of this?
    I heard that is where the residents want to move the Franklin Mint Town Center Project to.

Henry

Henry - Move it to the mall? Or the lot by the mall?

+ Reply to Thread